Employers have addressed health issues for many years through approaches such as offering sick days, health insurance, and wellness programs. As awareness of mental health issues grows, many employers want to be certain they’re providing support to their employees.
That’s important, because mental health challenges often spill over into the workplace. Whether it’s marital problems, anxiety and depression, or substance abuse, what are sometimes seen as “personal matters” spill over into the workplace, where they significantly impact attendance, productivity, and performance.
Some companies address these issues with an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), through which outside professionals provide confidential services after issues begin to affect the workplace.
Care to Change offers what we see as a more proactive approach that helps employees and improves the bottom line. Our team works with employers to provide compassionate, practical assistance to address issues in your employees’ lives before they spiral out of control.
Through education and communication, we help employees better understand mental health and how we can help, then provide confidential screenings and care for a wide range of challenges, among them:
- Anxiety and depression
- Marital and family conflicts including post divorce support
- Trauma and/or abuse
- Body Image/Eating disorders
- Military/Veterans support
- Health and wellness support services
- Mind/Body connection through trauma sensitive yoga and mindful movement
- Response to workplace crises
We can also provide workshops, lunch-and-learns, and similar programs to educate your team help you address workplace challenges such as:
- Improving your mood – How to improve overall mental health
- Suicide prevention – How to recognize symptoms and what to do about it (using the national QPR model)
- Anxiety/Depression – How to recognize symptoms and what to do about it
- Avoiding stress and potential burn out of working with people
- Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Working With Difficult People
- Keys to Taking Care of Your Body for Optimal Mind/Body Connection
Care to Change can offer your company an arrangement through which we guarantee immediate availability for your employees when needed and/or allow you to offer reduced-price services as part of your employee benefits plan. If your company has an established EAP, we can explore ways to add our services to the resources you already offer. Learn more by calling us at 317-790-9396, or sending an email.
Danielle Huff oversees our student programs, hiring and care team work.