Creating partnership to reach more people
As awareness of the importance of mental health grows, the need for services is increasing more quickly than the availability of professionals to deliver those services.
That’s why Care to Change is proud to develop partnerships in the communities we serve. By working together with churches, businesses, schools, and other professionals, we can enhance everyone’s ability to support others.
For example, we can help employers develop employee assistance programs (EAP) to give their team faster access to help with depression, grief, substance abuse, and other mental health needs. We can provide targeted assistance to help educators overcome the effects of trauma in classrooms. And we can support busy pastors by providing counseling when church members need more than a simple conversation.
We’re also willing to work with medical and other professionals in our communities to coordinate care and serve as a mutual source for referrals.
If you or your organization would benefit from developing an association with the Care to Change team, please reach out and let us know how we could help each other.
- How to find peace in the midst of uncertainty open letter from our Director
- You Tube Videos with helpful tips during this time
- Tips for dealing with uncertain times
- Social distancing stress, telehealth, and options that make a difference article
- An unusual way but helpful way to cope article
- When you’re nervous about COVID article
- Business tips and links
- Specific tips on different areas of your life
- Addictive behaviors during stressful times and what you can do (ZOOM recording)
- Reconnecting as a couple during (from Focus on the Family)
- Helping kids handle loss and disappointment (from Focus on the Family)
- ZOOM Interview with a adoptive, working mother of 5 to talk about real ways moms can handle this time
- Radio interview on the Todd Huff Show discussing how to manage stress during COVID and in life
- Business Owners, including our Director, talk about how to thrive during COVID
- Building Organizational Resilience for Leaders
- Care to Change Youtube channel with several recordings with tips on different topics
HELP for couples and adults
- How to come out of this stronger. 5 stresses and ways to overcome those stresses
- Mental wellness tips from the Washington Post
- Practicing Self Care
- Self Care Tips from Stanford
Mental health for kids
- Helping Children Manage Fear
- Do and Do Nots when kids are anxious
- 6 Benefits of a consistent routine
- Teen Anxiety
- Helping Your Anxious Teen
- Meditation Apps for Kids
- Go Noodle Site for Kids
Tips for Teachers
- Resources for Educators, Communities and Parents
- Truth for Teachers Podcast
- Crisis Mindfulness
- Sanity Breaks
- Questions about Self-Care