Join April Bordeau, Director at Care to Change, and counselor, Jared Jones, as they discuss men and mental health.
June is Men’s mental health awareness month, and we are taking a deeper look into the topic of Men’s mental health. Join us as we talk about Men’s mental health and you or a loved one not walking alone in their mental health journey.
Top 10 Things to do for your Man
1. Start with yourself (body, mind, spirit) – spiritual practices for the brain
2. Stay in your yard – refrain from becoming his mom, manipulator (not his acctblty partner), or savior – 9 lies
3. Choose win win strategies in conflict – prepare enrich couple checklist – requires forgiveness (it’s not supposed to be this way)
4. Honor him in words and actions in front of him and behind his back. (Not text over conflict; not on social media, refrain from sarcasm, put downs, if only statements…)
5. Pray for him – power of a praying wife
6. Make him a priority – book -reconnecting – date him
7. Be his biggest cheerleader – after you say I do
8. Call out God’s best in him – compliment, recognize, remind him of his value – you and me forever
9. Use your strengths for the greater good – not as a weapon – (money/dating)
10. Respect yourself with boundaries – boundaries in marriage
Text us your thoughts or questions at our Care Line: 317-979-7133
For more information about Care to Change visit www.caretochange.org
Follow Care to Change on Facebook
Follow Care to Change on Instagram or Twitter @care_to_change
See our YouTube page here!
If you would like someone to come speak to your group about anxiety, depression or mental health, contact us for more details.
If you are struggling and ready to take a step toward freedom, schedule an appt today.