As we continue to look at what is our responsibility and what isn’t, it is important to discover the best way to prioritize our life. Brene Brown states “daring to set boundaries is the courage to love ourselves even when we risk disappointing others.”
Join Director of Care to Change, April Bordeau, and therapist , Jessie Lamier, as they continue our discussion about boundaries, adding a broader definition, discussing other types, and answering the question, “Are boundaries selfish?” Also included this week are practical steps to creating healthy boundaries.
Three Boundary Styles
- Saying no
- Apologize when they hurt someone
- Accept consequence
- Refuse to rescue others
- Nothing passes through
- No authentic genuine connection
- Motivated by guilt or fear
- Willing to put up with anything
Other Helpful Podcasts:
- Love Yourself Enough to Set Boundaries
- Breaking Free of the Tyranny of The Urgent
- Becoming More Balanced and Less Stressed
- Is my Relationship Toxic?
- When Life Doesn’t Feel Fun Anymore?
Text us your thoughts or questions at our Care Line: 317-979-7133
For more information about Care to Change visit www.caretochange.org
Follow Care to Change on Facebook
Follow Care to Change on Instagram or Twitter @care_to_change