Join April Bordeau, Director at Care to Change, and therapist, Brittany Gipson, as they discuss the correlation between anxiety and gratitude.
Most people don’t realize that there are two types of gratitude – one is the cultural norm of saying thank you, and the other, a deep heart felt positive emotional response that includes returning kindness and appreciation, which also is linked to positive mental health.
5 ways to embed gratitude in your heart include
1. Calling those you love to appreciate them,
2. Appreciating yourself by choosing happiness,
3. Praying with gratitude for the things you appreciate,
4. Keeping a journal of not just what you appreciate but why, and
5. Having a gratitude buddy who will keep you accountable to focus on the good.
These simple, yet effective steps will cultivate a heart of gratitude and boost your mood.
· You Are Enough: Calming Anxiety with Gratitude by Silver Kiwi Media,
· Practice Thankfulness: Cultivating a Grateful Heart by Sam Crabtree ,
· Ginger’s yoga class
Text us your thoughts or questions at our Care Line: 317-979-7133
For more information about Care to Change visit www.caretochange.org
Follow Care to Change on Facebook
Follow Care to Change on Instagram or Twitter @care_to_change
If you would like someone to come speak to your group about anxiety, depression or mental health, contact us for more details.
If you are struggling and ready to take a step toward freedom, schedule an appt today.